Finance & Development Associate
Clean Water Action and Clean Water Fund will be hiring a part-time finance & development associate in our Boston office to support the organizations’ programmatic activities.
Clean Water Action is a national, grassroots environmental organization that works to protect the environment and safeguard public health, promote passage of strong environmental laws, and help communities address local environmental problems affecting them. Clean Water Fund is a national research and education organization which promotes justice and the public interest on issues related to water, waste, clean energy and toxic chemicals. Top issue priorities include: preventing harm to our health from toxic chemicals, promoting climate justice, advocating for zero waste policies, and protecting drinking water. Ensuring that those most affected by environmental degradation have a voice at the table, and that solutions to environmental problems contribute to broader goals of justice for all, are central goals in all our work.
The finance & development associate will support the campaign work through managing administrative and financial matters and helping with fundraising activities such as events and appeals.
- Administrative and financial coordination and support of Massachusetts program including office management of the Boston program office, basic financial tasks, coordinating with and responding to requests from the national financial department, support development of yearly budgets, grant tracking and management;
- Supporting donor fundraising activities including event planning, managing Massachusetts portion of national database, coordinating direct mail appeals, participating in team-wide fundraising efforts, etc.
Skills required for this position include:
- Demonstrated commitment to Clean Water’s mission and values;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Very detail oriented;
- Adaptability and ability to learn on the job;
- Cultural competency in interacting with people from a variety of economic, racial, cultural and ethnic backgrounds;
- Well organized and able to manage multiple projects at one time;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Solid computer skills--familiar with Word, Excel, etc. and experience working with databases;
- Ability to work both independently and in a team.
Clean Water Action and Clean Water Fund value a diverse workplace. People of color and those from economically disadvantaged communities are particularly encouraged to apply. Clean Water is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
A minimum of two years experience in non-profit administration, development or related field a must. Background in environmental and/or social justice issues is helpful.
Send resume and cover letter to Elizabeth Saunders, firstname.lastname@example.org. Internal candidates should first contact their supervisor.