What: Call your Elected Officials and ask them to protect clean water today!
Why: Because the need to hear from you!
- Call the Congressional Switchboard (202) 224-3121.
- Press 1 to select the U.S. Senate or 2 to select the U.S. House.
- Say your state name or enter your zip code.
- Select one of your Senators (you'll have to do this for each one) or your Representative.
- Leave a message either on their voicemail or with a staffer (sample below). Be sure to give them your address and ask them to follow up with a response.
"Hi, my name is [name] and I live at [address], and I'm calling to urge you to support clean water, clean air and healthy communities. Please reject any attempts to weaken or dismantle our most important protections, and to oppose budget cuts to EPA and other agencies, that would threaten our water, air and climate. Please stand up to attacks on: The Clean Water Rule, which protects drinking water sources for more than 117 million Americans; The Clean Power Plan, which is vital in our fight against climate pollution; and EPA’s budget for putting laws into action to protect health and natural resources and responding to crises, such as lead contamination.
Please stand with people, not polluters and oppose efforts to undermine protections for our nation’s air, land, water or wildlife.
Please respond [leave your phone or email address] with your position on this legislation. Thank you."