First Lady Tammy Murphy to Keynote Clean Water Action's 32nd Annual Conference
We're getting so excited for our 32nd Annual Conference, Rise Up, Persist & Win, happening next weekend, Saturday, April 28th, 2018, from 9 am to 5 at The Wardlaw-Hartridge School in Edison, NJ. Don't miss our Keynote Speaker First Lady Tammy Murphy, who also serves as Secretary and charter member of The Climate Reality Action Fund, an organization founded by former Vice-President Al Gore. Over the years, Tammy has worked with non-profits, a think-tank, and other organizations focused on the environment, education, health care, youth and family services, as well as the arts and trans-Atlantic relations. Click here to register!
Clean Water Action's conference is action-packed with additional exciting speakers. We've invited DEP Commissioner Catherine McCabe to speak and the event features a Women in Power & Emerging Leaders Panel with Elizabeth Juviler, Organizer for NJ 11th For Change; Amanda Nesheiwat, Environmental Director for the Town of Secaucus; and Kate Triggiano, Chair of Red Bank Environmental Commission, Red Bank Borough Council Candidate, and ReThink Disposable Coordinator for Clean Water Action.
The event brings together concerned residents, environmental groups, students, scientists and policymakers for a one-day conference about the most pressing environmental issues facing New Jersey. Event-goers will be learn new skills in a series of environmental workshops on topics ranging from safe drinking water, electric vehicles and green energy to environmental justice, climate resiliency, and new media skills.
Conference Speakers include:
- Ana Baptista, Assistant Professor in the Environmental Policy and Sustainability Management, Program and Associate Director for the Tishman Environment & Design Center, The New School
- Neil Bhaerman, National Communications Manager, Clean Water Action
- Randy Bergmann, Editorial Page Editor, Asbury Park Press
- Dr. Joanna Burger, Distinguished Professor, Biology, Rutgers University
- Willie deCamp, Chairman and Past Director, Save Barnegat Bay
- Tracy Carluccio, Deputy Director, Delaware RiverKeeper Network
- Pam Frank, VP, Gabel Associates and CEO of ChargEVC
- Michael Gochfeld, MD, Occupational Medicine, Piscataway, NJ
- Aaron Kleinbaum, Esq., Environmental Attorney, Executive Director, Eastern Environmental Law Center
- Katherine Lawrence, Director, Office of Sustainability, Jersey City
- Joseph Maraziti, Esq., Land Use & Redevelopment Attorney, Maraziti, Falcon & Healey
- Nicole Miller, Member, Newark Environmental Commission, GI Reformer
- Jeanette Mitchell, Climate Organizer, Clean Water Action
- Dr. Nicky Sheats, Director, Center for the Urban Environment, John S. Watson Institute of Public Policy, Thomas Edison State University; Member, NJ Environmental Justice Alliance
- Janet Tauro, NJ Board Chair, Clean Water Action, Grandmothers, Mothers & More for Energy Safety
- Lynn Thorp, National Campaigns Director, Clean Water Action
- Jeff Tittel, Director, Sierra Club, NJ Chapter
- Maura Toomey, ReThink Disposable Coordinator, Clean Water Action
- Wynnie-Fred Victor Hinds, Board Member, Clean Water Action; Vice Chair, Newark Environmental Commission; Executive Director, Stepping Stones Resources
- Nataki Williams, Business Owner & Finance Controller, Vital Dining
- Dr. Gail Zimmerman, Internist and Natural Doctor, Bay Head, NJ
Conference attendees can also peruse almost a dozen Green Vendors including Beautycounter, Clean Water Action/Clean Water Fund, Citizen's Climate Lobby, Eco Pool Drain, Isagenix, New Jersey Water Association, Sustainable Haus, and The Wardlaw-Hartidge School. The conference fee of only $35 also includes breakfast, lunch and a networking reception. RSVP today or download the Clean Water Action Conference Brochure 2018.
The conference is a ReThink Disposable event - implementing Zero Packaging practices to reduce the amount of plastic and foam debris that ends up in our oceans and waterways, harming marine life and our health. We will provide all reusable cups, plates, and cutlery and encourage you to BYOR (Bring Your Own Reusable)!
- 9:00-9:45 am: Registration & Continental Breakfast
- 10:00-10:15 am: Welcome & Theme for the Day featuring Andrew Webster, Head of The Wardlaw-Hartridge School and Amy Goldsmith, State Director, Clean Water Action
- 10:30 am-Noon: Workshops - Session I
- Noon-1:00 pm: Lunch
- 1:15-2:45 pm: Workshops-Session II
- 3:00-3:45 pm: Women in Power & Emerging Leaders Panel featuring Elizabeth Juviler, Organizer for NJ 11th For Change; Amanda Nesheiwat, Environmental Director for the Town of Secaucus; and Kate Triggiano, Chair of Red Bank Environmental Commission, Red Bank Borough Council Candidate, and ReThink Disposable Coordinator for Clean Water Action
- 4:00-5:00 pm: Keynote Speakers: First Lady Tammy Murphy (confirmed) & DEP Commissioner Catherine McCabe (invited)
- 5:00-6:00 pm: Networking Reception
We can't wait to see you there! Be sure to register today by visiting our website or calling 732-963-9714.
Our conference couldn't be held without the support of our generous sponsors: The Wardlaw-Hartridge School; Bayshore Recycling Corp.; Dr. Joseph and Janet Tauro; Ocean County Sports Medicine; Communication Workers of America, Local 1036; David Tykulsker, Esq.; John and Diane Burke; Susan Smith; Kopp Electric Co.,; Paul Prendergast Karate; Michele R. Donato, Esq.; Tom and Lynda Fote; Jane and Rodger Nogaki; Tirza S. Wahrman, Esq.,; Ocean Bay Auto Body-Ted Rainer; Tastebuds Catering