Community Organizer - Field
Clean Water Action is currently hiring field community organizers to work on local grassroots campaigns to protect the health, economy, environment and livelihood of communities. We are looking to add to our current staff of committed, professional, and highly skilled activists to act as front line ambassadors in the communities that we serve.
All new employees receive extensive training and continuing support on sustainability initiatives, communication, and campaign organizing. We have a strong focus on career development that involves travel and management opportunities.
- Promote action on progressive issues to influence national, state, and local decision makers.
- Provide communication with people that is independent of the mass media
- Recruit members by collecting signatures and contact info.
- Raise funds to support our research, lobbying and educational campaigns
- Identify and activate individuals who wish to participate in other activities, including letter writing, attending meetings, volunteer time, turning out the vote, etc.
* Benefits package available including paid sick and vacation leave, health and dental benefits, matching 401K. Pay rates and schedules vary slightly between offices.
Ideal candidates possess strong communication skills and a genuine commitment to the environment, progressive politics and the empowerment of our fellow Americans. All staff receive competitive pay and paid training.