Be a difference maker when it comes to the environment, our health, our future. Become 1 of the 100 for Clean Water.
Unite individuals for positive action by pooling their resources and deciding together where to direct 100 for Clean Water funds next year.
Identify 100 or more individuals each year who will participate in 100 for Clean Water. Programs to choose from this year:
- Clean Water - Resist environmental policy and budget rollbacks - largely won over the past 40 years due to our grassroots action. Stand up for health and environmental protections from watershed to watertap.
- ReThink Disposable™ – Focus on eliminating the use of plastics, foam and “single-use disposables” (SUDs) at its greatest source — restaurants, food trucks, and institutions. This is an effective voluntary program proven to save small businesses thousands of dollars every year, as well as actively engage the public and businesses in the larger “Reuse Revolution”. The World Economic Forum predicts that there will be more plastics (by weight) in the ocean than fish by 2050.
- Climate Change – Secure state policies designed to achieve a 100% green economy by 2050. Create wide range of family-supporting jobs. Ensure climate justice in disproportionately impacted communities of color and low income. As a result, the Garden State will be more economically sustainable and ecologically resilient to future climate impacts.
Contribute to the Vision and Programs
Your personal donation of $1000 (as an individual or pair) gives you the ability to cast a vote for one (1) of the showcased programs where clean water is at its core. Total amount of funds raised will be designated to one 100 for Clean Water program next year.
You may give as an individual or as a pair (two individuals whose combined gift is $1000).
- Online: Please click here to make your donation.
- Mail: Send a check made payable to Clean Water Fund (indicate program choice in memo) to: Clean Water Fund, 198 Brighton Avenue, 2nd Floor, Long Branch, NJ 07740.
After we receive your donation, you will be sent a voting form.
- October 8, 2017: Attend Clean Water Action event – Autumn Toast for a Healthy Environment. Go to www.cleanwater.org/autumntoast. Join 100 for Clean Water and receive two (2) complimentary tickets.
- November 28, 2017: Close roster of participants. Each individual or paired $1000 donation must be received by 5:00 PM EST either through a payment by check or online by credit card in order to be eligible to participate and vote on your favorite 100 for Clean Water program. Total amount received will be announced on our website and via email.
- November 29, 2017: (Snow date 12/12/17) Short in-person presentations on all three (3) showcased 100 for Clean Water programs to qualifying participants. Discuss in small groups (20–30 min). Provide opportunity for questions. Each qualifying participant CASTS THEIR VOTE!! RESULTS ARE ANNOUNCED.